About Our Courses
We take special care to maintain high standards at Lyceum:
- We have excellent native speaking teachers and highly qualified, helpful administrative staff who are all committed to making your experience at Lyceum enjoyable and rewarding
- Our courses are thoughtfully planned to meet your needs
- All centres are conveniently located and have an excellent atmosphere with great classroom learning environments
- All class groups are small, providing excellent care for the individual
- Since its establishment in 1991, Lyceum has become an institution that is known and recognised nationally for excellence and quality in adult language education.
- Lyceum is proud to be the only school in Australia offering a LOTE program (Foreign Languages Other than English) and an ESL program (English as a Second Language). This offers many opportunities for language practice and exchange.
- Lyceum is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO: 5493) through the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA).
Fun courses with great teachers, and to help you choose your course, friendly & helpful Admin staff.
Term Courses are graduated ranging from beginners to advanced and run for 10 weeks. Students have the choice of 1.5 or 2.75 hour classes each week. These 10 week courses are independent programmes of study, yet they are designed so that students are able to progress systematically attaining higher levels of skill and confidence from term to term. Classes are offered at most levels each term, thus students are able to adjust the rate at which they learn by choosing when to follow on to the next level.
Course content and method
At Lyceum we use the highly successful 'Communicative' method of teaching foreign languages. This is a carefully structured blend of conversational and theoretical approaches to language study. It includes the use of audio-visual material, role-play, cooking demonstrations and many other contemporary innovations.
We aim to ensure students can employ their knowledge of the language effectively in practical, real life situations both in writing and speech.
At the intermediate and advanced level the focus is specifically on strengthening conversation skills and cultural understanding by expansion of the courses into such fields of interest as literature, music, history, art and architecture, cuisine, politics, economics and social issues.
Elements of these disciplines are also incorporated in classes at the beginner levels.
Italian Class with Nadia